One of the things that recently made the trip into our apartment from our awesome roomie, Stephanie’s old apartment was a popsicle mold! After looking at it sitting sad and empty in the kitchen for a few days, Tom and I decided it was high time that we made some popsicles. It is still summer, right? Well, Dunkin’ Donuts doesn’t seem to think so…and Stephanie and I are both DYING for a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, but it is still hot, humid and generally not Fall in NYC, so popsicles sounded fine to us!
After much debate between lemonade pops (Tom’s idea) and Chocolate pudding pops (my idea, mainly because of my love of chocolate and Bill Cosby), we decided to try out root beer float pops!
Using a rough outline we found all around the internet we made the easiest popsicles ever! These are great because they only take 2 ingredients and almost no work! Listen up!
Root Beer Float Pops
- Open a bottle or can of root beer (we used Boylan’s), pour into a cup and let sit for 30 min to let it get a little flat
- Pour enough root beer into each mold to fill it halfway
- Put two small scoops of vanilla ice cream into each mold
- Top each mold with more root beer
- Freeze for at least 6 hours
And because I love you I will give you a reel of ridiculous pictures of me putting these bad boys in the freezer: