Okay…I am about to be real serious.
This is probably one of the most delicious pasta dishes I have EVER eaten. I clipped it from a magazine and put it in my personal recipe collection, where it had been neglected for at least 1-2 years. Last night Tom and I were relatively sure that we did not have adequate ingredients to make anything at home. Then I thought about the delicious maple flavored, applewood smoked bacon we had sitting in the fridge, and I remembered this baby…
We cooked this dinner up in about 20 minutes AND we had every single ingredient on hand! Well, kind of…we did substitute linguini for fettuccine, but besides that we were all good!
So basically, you need to check this out immediately. Nom nom nom (also, yes, there IS salad in the background!).
Linguini Alfredo with Bacon
Makes about 3 servings. Adapted from Cooking Light’s Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon
- 1/2 package linguini
- 5 slices applewood-smoked bacon, chopped (preferably maple flavored if you can get some!)
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- salt, pepper, parsley and cayenne pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil and do any necessary prep work for sauce. Cook bacon; reserve grease (oh I know, this is bad), turn heat to medium-low. Begin cooking pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, add minced garlic to reserved bacon grease. Let brown.
- Slowly add flour to pan. Let brown. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Allow to thicken and bubble slightly.
- Add cheese slowly, stirring constantly.
- Season to taste.
- Combine with linguini in medium size serving bowl. Add bacon crumbles to top and stir. Enjoy!
ALSO: I have a new Twitter account where I will be tweeting about other daily dabbling! It is: @AlexIsDabbling ! Follow me, tweet at me, tell me what you want! xoxo