Oh hi, friends!
As you can see, I am back to being a pretty bad blogger…or a pretty good real person (let’s go with the second option…). Either way I am posting now, so what else can I do? Also, I am posting something pretty freaking delicious, so this should make up for any hatred you were harboring toward me for taking so long to post again.
Let’s cut to the chase…
I have realllllyy been wanting THIS peanut butter banana bread from one of my favorite bloggers, Joy the Baker. But, alas, we do not have her fancy-shmancy ingredients like flaxseed meal, all spice, dry roasted peanuts…
(okay, you can stop judging me now)
So instead I retreated to the google machine to seek out a more “back to basics” type of recipe and wound up with a base recipe that I could work with! Here ’tis!
Bare Minimum Ingredient Peanut Butter Banana Bread Bars
adapted from Banana Peanut Butter Bread by Corwynn Darkholme on All Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium size square brownie pan.
- Mash bananas in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat eggs and add to sugar and butter mix. Stir in peanut butter, bananas, flour and baking powder until blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Drizzle honey over the top. Use a fork to swirl into batter.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove and let cool for approximately 15 minutes.